Home Modification Course #2
How to Get it Done
COURSE 2 LEARNING OBJECTIVES
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how to individualize home modifications to meet users’ needs.
- Explain the importance of task analysis to home modification
- Ask appropriate questions of clients to ascertain which products will best meet their needs
- Analyze and evaluate home modification strategies that meet the needs of the consumer
- Discuss the importance of prospective task analysis.
- Identify, locate, and select products that address users’ needs.
- Recognize design characteristics to select products that best meet client needs.
- Take the necessary and precautionary steps before hiring a contractor.
- Select a contractor that is appropriate for particular home modification services
- Interpret the drawings and plans submitted by a contractor or designer.
- Evaluate the efficacy and suitability of the modification plan before construction begins.
- Interpret contract language.
- Explain the importance of putting contracts in writing.
Continuing Education: Equivalent of 12 Classtime Hours
Education Level: Introductory